I think I spent half of my free time (when Anne is busy) deciding what to do with my free time. Usually it’s an hour or two at home at night or a half-hour in the morning. The possibilities are usually:
1. Log my Geocaching finds
2. Write some code for a website (usually Geocaching-related)
3. Solve some Geocaching puzzles
4. Think about balancing my bank accounts (I never actually do it)
5. Read a book/magazine
6. Play my PSP
7. Watch TV or a Movie
8. Fix something broken in the house
9. Fold and put away laundry
10. Play with cats (and shut them up for a few minutes)
These are the things I could do, most of which, when done, I could claim some kind of accomplishment. Instead, it’s almost always:
11. Read email/blogs/websites followed by random web surfing/searching for something stupid.
I suppose it’s one way to keep in touch with the world and keep abreast of culture/technology, but I feel like there’s so much more I could be getting done. Mostly I think it’s inertia. I sit on the couch, grab the laptop and check my email. After that I can wander aimlessly online for hours.
Perhaps I just enjoy being lazy more than getting things done.